Continuing Professional Development
Kuraray's Advanced Interlayer Business offers architects and construction engineers training sessions that are registered as part of the development programs of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC), the Royal Institute for British Architects (RIBA) and the Australian Institute of Architects Refuel.
KURARAY AIA 1-HR LUNCH & LEARNS
Program Number and Title
- KUR2004.21 Introduction to Laminated Glass
- KUR2008.21 Designing with Structural Laminated Glass Interlayers
- KUR2011.21 Enhancing Security with Laminated Glass
- KUR2013.21 Designing Safer Glass Railings with Laminated Glass
- KUR2016.21 Extraordinary Laminated Glass Projects: Designing with Structural Interlayers
- KUR 2017 From Vision to Realization: Challenges in the Re-development of the Seattle Space Needle
- KUR 2018 Designing Glazing for Wind-borne Debris Protection
- KUR 2019 Laminated Glass for Sound Control
Length: 60 minutes
Credits: 1.0 learning credit
Online-training also available by Florida AIA and Hanley Wood University.
ROYAL INSTITUTE OF BRITISH ARCHITECTS (RIBA) CPD
Kuraray is offering UK architects and designers free online or in-house training. The course, which will contribute towards RIBA’s core CPD curriculum, has been created to bring designers and archtiects up to speed with the latest glazing breakthroughs and how they can help address current design issues and national/international standards & legislations, while still fulfilling the needs of the most innovative design concepts.
AUSTRALIAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS REFUEL PROGRAM
Davies Laminated Glass Consulting (DLGC), partner of Kuraray in Australia, is a registered training provider for the Australian Institute of Architects Refuel program and provides one formal point for their “Designing with Structural Laminated Glass Interlayers” presentation which describes the benefits of PVB interlayers, lists the characteristics and performance of ionoplast interlayers and helps architects to identify different applications for ionoplast laminates as well as recognize the importance of verifying compatibility of materials in contact with interlayers.
Link to Refuel program: