Trosifol invests in Czech location
Kuraray is continuing to invest in its Czech production site in Holešov. The most recent investment expands the manufacturing of its SentryGlas® product – the world's only film for glass interlayers made of ionoplast – and will enable the plant to produce the class-leading interlayer on rolls widths up to 330 cm. The installation is expected to take place in February 2021, with sales of these rolls starting in the third quarter 2021.
Architects and designers have been designing buildings with larger less supported glass. Many laminators are accepting this challenge and pushing the limits of glass size that can be produced. SentryGlas® structural properties make it ideal for large panels of glass by enabling thinner lighter glass with less deflection.
Initially, the two UltraClear products –SentryGlas® and SentryGlas® Xtra – will be available. SentryGlas® Natural UV and SentryGlas® Translucent White will follow later in the year:
- SentryGlas® Xtra™ (SGX™) improves processing efficiency and reduces the processing requirements for laminators. Of particular interest is the reduced risk of haze which is often caused by insufficient cooling speed.
- SentryGlas® Natural UV: Designed to allow the transmission of broad-spectrum natural UV light required by many living species. SentryGlas® Natural UV combines the strength, security and edge stability of SentryGlas® ionoplast interlayers with natural UV transmission making it an ideal interlayer for laminated glass for zoos, aquariums and botanical gardens In contrast to most safety glass interlayer technologies, SentryGlas® does not require UV protection for lasting strength and transparency.
- SentryGlas® Translucent White Ionoplast intermediate layers for laminated safety glass combine all technical advantages and structural properties of SentryGlas®, i.e. safer, lighter and more durability, with various white color effects for a pleasant aesthetics and privacy.
Tomas Horak, shift leader SentryGlas® production Holešov, is delighted: “We are very proud that Kuraray has decided to invest in our site again. By commissioning the SentryGlas® line, the team has proven that it can do great things. In particular, the flatness of our SentryGlas® rolls is excellent and I am confident that in the future we will be able to ensure this outstanding product property, even with the maximum width of 330 cm."
The Holešov production was put into operation 2003. Production of SentryGlas® started in 2019. A new cutting table was installed at the end of 2019 to cut sheet material that is produced in the USA to size.
Like all other Trosifol production sites, the Holešov site is geared towards global delivery.
Photos: Trosifol/Kuraray Europe GmbH
Tomas Horak (far right), Shift Leader SentryGlas® Production Holešov, is pleased: “We are very proud that Kuraray has decided to invest in our location again. By commissioning the SentryGlas® line, the team has proven that it can do great things."
Kuraray continues to invest in the existing Czech production site in Holešov. The installation is expected to take place in February 2021, with sales of these rolls scheduled to start in the third quarter of 2021.
Trosifol is the leading global producer of PVB and ionoplast interlayers for laminated safety glass applications in the architectural segment. With the biggest product portfolio worldwide, Trosifol offers outstanding solutions:
- Structural: Trosifol® Extra Stiff (ES) PVB and SentryGlas® ionoplast films
- Acoustic: Trosifol® SC Monolayer and Multilayer PVB films for sound insulation
- Trosifol® film for UV control: Trosifol® UV Extra Protect, Trosifol® Natural UV and SentryGlas® Natural UV - from complete UV protection to natural UV transmittance
- Trosifol® UltraClear PVB film for the lowest yellowing value in the industry
- Decorative & design: Black and white, color and printable interlayers
Copyright © 2020 Kuraray. All rights reserved.
Trosifol, Mowital, Butacite, SentryGlas, SG, SentryGlas Xtra, SGX, SentryGlas Acoustic, SGA and Spallshield are trademarks or registered trademarks of Kuraray Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. Trademarks may not be applied for or registered in all countries. The information provided herein corresponds to Kuraray’s knowledge on the subject at the date of its publication. This information may be subject to revision as new knowledge and experience becomes available. The information provided falls within the normal range of product properties and relates only to the specific material designated; this data may not be valid for such material used in combination with any other materials or additives or in any process, unless expressly indicated otherwise. The data provided should not be used to establish specification limits or used alone as the basis of design; they are not intended to substitute for any testing you may need to conduct to determine for yourself the suitability of a specific material for your particular purposes. Final determination of suitability of any material or process and whether there is any infringement of patents is the sole responsibility of the user. Since Kuraray cannot anticipate all variations in actual end-use conditions, Kuraray makes no warranties and assumes no liability in connection with any use of this information.
Kuraray Europe GmbH
Muelheimer Strasse 26, D-53840 Troisdorf, Germany
Phone +49 (0) 2241 2555 202