Introduction to the Trosifol™ Business
Trosifol™ – your global partner for laminated safety glass
Trosifol™ – part of the Kuraray Group – is a leading global producer of PVB and ionoplast interlayers for laminated safety glass applications in the architectural, automotive and photovoltaic industries.
The evolution of the Trosifol® & DuPont Glass Laminating Solutions (GLS) merger over the last two years has resulted in consolidation of the Trosifol®, SentryGlas® and Butacite® product brands into a single brand: the new Trosifol™.
We at Trosifol™ now offer the world’s broadest portfolio of innovative glass-laminating solutions, including structural and functional interlayers for safety and security applications, sound insulation and UV protection. For decorative applications, we supply colored interlayers, digitally printable films and other innovative products for interior design projects. Our UltraClear films exhibit the lowest Yellowness Index (YID) in the industry.
Trosifol™ is in the perfect position to be your preferred partner for laminated safety glass applications – serving the ever-changing demands of the global glass industry with seven worldwide production sites and five R&D centers.
1. Trosifol’s commitment and vision for safety and performance-glass interlayers
With the acquisition of Trosifol™ in 2005 and the GLS Division from DuPont in 2014, Kuraray strengthened its position as an international leader in high-performance materials; and solidified its commitment to the safety glass interlayer industry. After two years of integration, reorganization and optimization, Kuraray is launching a new brand and portfolio that is structured to meet the current and future needs of the architectural and automotive industries, in terms of their performance glass requirements.
2. Four years of ‘Best of Both’ come to fruition
Best of BothProgress of the Trosifol™ & GLS merger has resulted in a company department that is now able to deliver greater commitment and more effectively support the ambitions of the architectural and automotive glass industries and their downstream applications.
- Trosifol™ is the clear leader in PVB solutions for architectural applications. Its strong customer-oriented approach and responsiveness to special requirement make it stand out as a true market leader in the industry.
SentryGlas®SentryGlas® ionoplast interlayers open up a world of limitless design possibilities; enabling builders, engineers and designers to create innovative spaces that exhibit strength, durability and transparency.
- As part of this greater vision, Trosifol®, SentryGlas®, and Butacite® have been consolidated as products under a single brand, for greater choice, as well as simplified specification, ordering, and support.
3. Built to support the world of interlayers and their many applications
“World of interlayers”The new Trosifol™ has been created to support global interlayer applications and to progress the ambitions of our customers and end-users.
4. Why Trosifol™?
A truly global organization that partners at local and regional levels
- Access to application expertise covering the unique sales, application and technical service needs of automotive and architectural applications in every region
- Supply reliability from an efficient global production and supply chain network
- Greater innovation to meet current and future needs with five R&D centers across the world
The broadest architectural portfolio meets all your needs without compromise