Interlayer strength, depth and capabilities
Delivering your window into the world of advanced interlayers for laminated safety glass, Kuraray’s Advanced Interlayer Business is underpinned by decades of innovation, application knowledge, domain experience and market success.
Our advanced interlayer portfolio – comprising Trosifol® PVB and SentryGlas® ionoplast interlayers – has continually revolutionized aesthetic, structural and functional design, fabrication and installation in the architectural and automotive/transportation segments.
Designed to benefit consumers, society and industry, our products are advancing the functionality of glass, while our engineers and consultants are setting new application benchmarks by collaborating on solutions that both sustain and inspire.
We are committed to helping you transform your mindset and take your applications to the next level – aesthetically, functionally and structurally. Enjoy greater design freedom and give your glazing strength, clarity, character and purpose with solutions that cover safety, security, sound insulation, UV/solar/energy management, color and print.
Our diverse product range, the broadest on the global market, and our domain expertise create strength; and we channel this strength into helping you succeed. We strive to be your strongest ally and supporter and will help you navigate and conquer the ever-changing demands of the global glass industry. Worldwide production, R&D and support, means we are always by your side… no matter where you are.
- Key theme: Trosifol – and how it makes glass more than just safe laminated safety glass.
- Highlights: Learn why Trosifol, laminated safety glass, is so special. How can it help with optics, design and acoustics? Which are the main applications? What is SentryGlas and what is it used for?
1. Trosifol’s commitment and vision for safety and performance-glass interlayers
With the acquisition of Trosifol™ in 2005 and the GLS Division from DuPont in 2014, Kuraray strengthened its position as an international leader in high-performance materials; and solidified its commitment to the safety glass interlayer industry. After two years of integration, reorganization and optimization, Kuraray is launching a new brand and portfolio that is structured to meet the current and future needs of the architectural and automotive industries, in terms of their performance glass requirements.
2. Four years of ‘Best of Both’ come to fruition
Best of BothProgress of the Trosifol™ & GLS merger has resulted in a company department that is now able to deliver greater commitment and more effectively support the ambitions of the architectural and automotive glass industries and their downstream applications.
- Trosifol™ is the clear leader in PVB solutions for architectural applications. Its strong customer-oriented approach and responsiveness to special requirement make it stand out as a true market leader in the industry.
SentryGlas®SentryGlas® ionoplast interlayers open up a world of limitless design possibilities; enabling builders, engineers and designers to create innovative spaces that exhibit strength, durability and transparency.
- As part of this greater vision, Trosifol®, SentryGlas®, and Butacite® have been consolidated as products under a single brand, for greater choice, as well as simplified specification, ordering, and support.
3. Built to support the world of interlayers and their many applications
“World of interlayers”The new Trosifol™ has been created to support global interlayer applications and to progress the ambitions of our customers and end-users.
4. Why Trosifol™?
A truly global organization that partners at local and regional levels
- Access to application expertise covering the unique sales, application and technical service needs of automotive and architectural applications in every region
- Supply reliability from an efficient global production and supply chain network
- Greater innovation to meet current and future needs with five R&D centers across the world
The broadest architectural portfolio meets all your needs without compromise